CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Groupie Gram

I have to confess, I have become a groupie! My dear friend Karen who serves in the Tabernacle Choir is the mother of Miss Utah, Jill Stevens. Since I love Jill, too, and since I love the cute young man Brad who grew up on our neighborhood that she is dating, and since I can't think of anything more exciting than Miss America in the middle of the bleak winter...I have become a dyed in the wool Groupie! I follow every detail of Jill's varied speaking engagements, dress, hair, swimsuit, and funding dilemmas during my carpool rides to Choir. I Google Jill Stevens, GI Jill, Miss America, etc and watched tons of video clips, read articles and commentary all regarding our darling soldier/marathoner/RN/pageant contender. Layne and I cuddle up with treats and the TLC Channel at Grandma Ottley's house every Friday night for the Miss America Reality Check Show. I went to lunch the other day with the strangers/now friends who I'll be riding with to Las Vegas to attend the pageant in person! My kids think I've gone crazy, but the truth is, I really think this little blond cutie has what it takes to be Miss America. I would like someone of her brains, brawn and beauty for our country's girls to look up to. She has something to say and I hope she gets the chance to say it to the whole country. If not, it's been a fun ride. Her life, and the life of we groupies...sigh, will go on AP (after pageant). I honestly think we'll all be better for having taken notice!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I heard about your obsession with Miss Utah and even was able to watch the TLC show when I was at Grandma's house! She's adorable and I love that she's not a typical contestant! She's just a beautiful girl who has great priorities and what seems like a lot of good things to say! Go, Jill!

Gaye Brown said...

This is so fun and I think it's a great "hobby" for you to have! Hope you have a blast in Vegas.